So How Many?
How many does it take?
This should not come as a surprise to anyone but the UK is now under investigation for Human Rights Abuses related to Welfare Reforms by the Conservative Government, specifically managed by Iain Duncan Smith (eventually will be replaced by Stephen Crabb – the man who thinks LGBT can be ‘cured’ and has never voted against his party stance) 
No one is shocked but like most murders and scandals in the UK – ‘knowing’ and ‘proving’ are often two entirely different creatures.
A huge problem for the media, reporters and various free sites is how to ‘translate’ the DWP (Department of Work and Pensions – mortality-statistics-esa-ib-sda) figures. It is no easy task as the report is deliberately evasive, fragmented and actually doesn’t fully address the original FOI (Freedom of Information) Request.
I could go into detail but a lot of people are complaining online that the entire thing is too complicated to follow. But make no mistake – the UK Conservative Government WANTs to confuse you.
- The DWP has lied to the UN (by claiming the data that has just been released did not exist in the first place), hidden figures and manipulated the original FOI request. Mostly because the UK Government has essentially committed mass murder. And it is STILL hiding information.
- This is the reason the Tories / Conservative Party want to destroy the Human Rights Act (HRA). Because they cannot be found guilty if they rewrite the very foundation of what it means to be Human.
- The UN has already ‘urged’ the UK Conservative Government to scrap the bedroom tax after Investigators were horrified with what it was doing to people. UN Investigators also claimed that it constituted a violation of the human right to adequate housing. But even then – They couldn’t prove it was killing people because the UK Government/DWP claimed the figures didn’t exist.
- The Conservative Government is trying to dilute the power of Freedom of Information Requests.
- It is all connected. The Bedroom Tax, the Human Rights Act, Freedom of Information and the new DWP figures.
So the DWP Report (which is probably why you are here). (You can download the full PDF. mortality-statistics-esa-ib-sda)
mortality-statistics-esa-ib-sda To download on a PC/Laptop. Right Click over the Link with your Mouse and choose “Save Target As”.
What it tells us
- Number of Deaths in the Work Related Activity Group is – 7,200. (This is a group made from people that the DWP has said will recover and return to work within a year. There should be ZERO deaths in this category)
- Total is 91,470. This is a MINIMUM figure. Because
9,740 died whilst waiting to be assessed (a process that can take over a year)
2,650 people died after being assessed as “Fit to Work” by DWP.
1,360 died after appealing their “Fit to Work” DWP sentence.
3,320 people died whilst not in receipt of any benefit payment.
- We KNOW that people are dying because of the Sanctions and strain the DWP is putting on them
- The figures that DWP have released… Don’t make sense. They have also erased December. Seriously – Christmas is cancelled.
The Flaws in the DWP Report
- This Report was the result of a) Campaigning and b) a Freedom of Information (FOI) request. The Report does NOT answer the questions from the FOI request
- The figures are actually even MORE disturbing than you think. For some reason December is missing. The FOI request specifically asked for the year 2011. December 1/12th of the year. Is Missing.
- There is a reason December is missing. Tables for Mortality statistics: Out-of-Work Working Age benefit claimants show the total number of deaths in 2011 was 13,490 – that means 2,890 ESA claimants must have died in December that year to make that figure work.
The inclusion of December would push the stats up. Specifically; 93 deaths per day – nearing 653 per week. The inclusion of December would almost TRIPLE the ESA death rates.
- The reason all the reports, articles and numbers are being very specific is because We (the people) cannot Trust the DWP. They are omitting information and manipulating it.
- There is ONLY one reason to manipulate information of this nature (Murder and Death does tend to have a political impact). Because the real figure (without being too conspiracy theorist) – WILL BE WORSE.
- From Previous DWP reports, Claimants are counted as ONE. One person, one claim (so even if you’re claiming for a few benefits – it tends to be counted as one person) – this makes for better headlines and can easily be manipulated to be “Success” stories for people getting back into work and off benefits (even if you’re only off one benefit – that’s close enough for MSM).
- The inclusion of Incapacity Benefit (IB)/Severe Disablement Allowance (SDA) was deliberately put in to make translating the ESA figure MORE difficult (but in its own way – actually makes it more worrying). But make no mistake. You can go into depth here but the bottom line is – people were found fit for work and then died. This means they had their benefits cuts, suffered financial hardship, were hounded on their last days by the DWP and died.
However when you die something spectacular happens.
Incapacity Benefit (IB)/Severe Disablement Allowance (SDA) to deaths on Income Support Allowance (ESA), the totals for each year are greater than the total number of deaths recorded for the whole population.
So how many of people have died? We don’t know. And as long as the DWP / Conservative (helped by the Lib Dems back at the start) are in charge – we might never know.
But the fight must continue.
It doesn’t matter whether this article has every single figure (considering the source is DWP) or just contains some basic diluted facts for easy digestion.
People are dead. And more are dying.
Ignorance is not an excuse (it actually wasn’t even an excuse BEFORE this report).
And the fight MUST go on.
Because the moment you stop caring – is the moment you don’t need Human Rights because by definition – you’re no longer human anyway.
Avatars For Profile Pics
 http://voxpoliticalonline.com/ – where the original FOI request came from.